The Co‑operative Performance Committee (CPC) has operated for around two decades as a leadership forum on financial and wider performance across co‑operative societies.
The CPC is made up of senior finance leaders from the co‑operative sector which provides strategic direction and best practice guidance in matters of accounting, financial reporting and business performance monitoring.
From championing co‑operatives in relation to accounting standards and consistent accounting treatment to guidance on performance monitoring for small to medium sized co-operatives, the Committee has had significant impact.
In addition to the CPC's role around the transposition of international accounting guidelines for domestic societies, over the coming year the CPC will focus attention on helping societies effectively identify – and communicate – their co‑operative difference through their reporting.
Narrative reporting – a framework and guidance for co‑operatives
A narrative reporting framework has been developed to help co-operatives report to their members. It offers guidance on one of the most important aspects of running a successful co‑operative organisation – large or small. The framework is flexible, built around three core pillars that a co-op ought to report on:
- Member value: how it is delivering value to its members
- Member voice: how its members have directed the co-op
- Co‑operative values: how it is living up to the co-operative values
The Co‑operative Performance Committee
- Ian, Berry – The Co‑operative Group
- Adrian Digby – Federal Retail Trading Services
- Peter Dubois – The Midcounties Co‑operative
- Stephen Galjaard – Lincolnshire Co‑operative
- Zena King – Co‑operatives UK
- Louise McFadzean – Central England Co‑operative
- Anthony Price – Chelmsford Star Co‑operative Society
- Nicola Quayle – KPMG LLP
- John Sandford – Co‑operatives UK
- Michael Shepherd – Co‑operatives UK
- Paul Singh – Co‑operatives UK
- Andy Stevenson – East of England Co‑operative Society
- Emma Thompson – Central England Co‑operative
- Neil Turton – Co‑operatives UK
- Greg Wilkins – The Southern Co‑operative
- Vivian Woodell – The Phone Co‑op