Join James Wright from Co-operatives UK for a free online briefing from 4-5pm on Wednesday 16 September.
About the briefing
What policy work has Co-operatives UK been focusing on recently? What's next?
Get an insight into Co-operatives UK's recent policy work:
- What we have been trying to influence
- Our impacts
- What we're currently focusing on, including
- Helping existing co-ops to survive and recover
- Supporting the proliferation of new co-ops in a 'build back better' recovery
Format of session
Co-operatives UK's Policy Officer James Wright will host the session, which lasts for one hour on Zoom. It will include:
- A short introduction.
- A presentation update on recent policy work.
- An opportunity for attendees to discuss Co-operatives UK's policy priorities over the next 12-18 months as we begin the post-Covid recovery. These facilitated discussions will encourage you to outline what you think policy makers need to do next.
How much does it cost?
- The webinar is free of charge – for members of Co-operatives UK and non-members.
- Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
How attendees will benefit
- Understanding the work Co-operatives UK is carrying out.
- The opportunity to share views and priorities in regards to what areas of policy we should prioritise next.
Who should attend
Anyone interested in and/or wants to inform the future priorities for Co-operatives UK's policy work.
About the presenter
James is public policy officer at Co-operatives UK. His role encourages the government to create the right conditions for people to set up and run successful co-ops. James is currently pressing for local economic policy that supports co-op development and for public funding to help expand employee and worker ownership. James is also seeking improvements to the legal, regulatory and tax frameworks for co-ops.