Join Linda Barlow from Co-operatives UK for this FREE webinar on Tuesday 17 November from 3-4pm.
About the webinar
Holding your first Annual General Meeting (AGM) can be daunting – but it is really important! It's a key part of a co-operative's governance AND a way of engaging with your members.
Join Linda Barlow from Co-operatives UK's advice team for a FREE webinar to help prepare for your AGM. Linda will provide some useful hints and tips on how to ensure it's a success!
- The webinar takes place on Zoom for 1 hour.
- A presentation will be given, followed by a Q&A session.
How much does it cost?
- The webinar is free of charge for members of Co-operatives UK and non-members.
- Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What you will learn
- The key items that should be on the agenda of any AGM.
- A checklist for preparing and delivering your AGM.
- Post-AGM actions to help build on the success of your meeting.
Who should attend
The webinar is ideal for secretaries of co-ops new to the role as well as experienced secretaries wanting to brush up on their knowledge.
About the host
Linda Barlow is the Co-operative Governance Advisor in the Advice Team at Co operatives UK. The team advises co-operatives, and organisations in the wider Social Economy, on their corporate governance arrangements.
Linda works with a wide variety of co-operative, not for profit and charitable organisations. This enables her to have a broad understanding of the range of corporate governance matters affecting these organisations.
Linda project managed the 2015 update to the publication of the Handbook of Co operative and Community Benefit Society Law,. She recently updated Co operatives UK’s acclaimed publication, Simply Legal, which provides easily accessible information on legal structures and governance and blogs on a range of corporate law topics.