Join Jenny Holsgrove from Co-operatives UK for this online training workshop from 9.30am-2.30pm on Thursday 29 October.
About the training
What is the expected culture in your co-op currently? What would you change?
If you don't understand the culture of your co-op, you might not have the right environment to succeed. The people that make up your organisation are what will drive your objectives and strategy forward. Without their engagement and commitment to your co-op, how will you succeed?
Although co-ops have a really strong set of values and principles to guide your culture, they don’t automatically equate to a good culture.
This workshop is ideal if you want to build your understanding of how to shape a co-operative culture for your organisation or business.
We unpack what a good ‘culture’ means for your co-op. You will also learn how to apply your values to impact behaviours and develop your co-operative culture.
- This training seminar takes place on Zoom for 5 hours.
- A mix of presentation, Q&A and break-out sessions.
- Time for refreshment and lunch breaks is included in the session.
How much does it cost?
- £50 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK
- £72 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What you will learn
This workshop is ideal if you want to build your understanding of how you can shape a co-operative culture. We will unpack:
- The meaning(s) of culture.
- The values, skills and behaviours needed to develop your co-op’s culture and build engagement.
- How these link to you and your team.
- Through practice, understand how you identify your co-op's culture.
- A suite of tips, tools, techniques and models to utilise when reviewing or developing your co-op’s culture.
Who should attend
- Members of co-op Boards or management teams
- People setting or aspiring to set the strategy of your co-op
- HR leads
- Learning and development leads
- Equality and diversity leads
About the facilitator
Jenny's experience of forming communities, culture change and engagement in the workplace stems from her PhD in community formation. She has presented her research at national and international conferences. She has worked with Local Government and the NHS, supporting their strong working cultures.
As Head of Culture and Performance at Co-operatives UK, Jenny is supporting the organisation to:
- Develop and enhance its working environment
- Provide support to members to empower the sector to recognise the impact of co-op values, principles and cultures.
Jenny has a wide range of experience helping organisations create cultural shifts so that they can work more effectively and cooperatively. Providing support in areas such as: diagnostics, staff surveys, challenging conversations, culture, community formation, values, leadership and coaching.