Join Co-operatives UK's Kate Fielding and Gary Morrison for a FREE online webinar on Wednesday 11 November from 11.30am-12.30pm.
About the webinar
UK discrimination law is impacts all organisations, regardless of size or governance model. Organisations have to make sure that all employees – and prospective employees – are treated fairly and inclusively. In some circumstances, organisations must treat someone more favourably because of a certain characteristic of theirs.
The penalties for failing to adhere to UK discrimination law can be large. They range from creating poor internal relationships, to negative publicity and/or financial loss
It can happen due to ignorance rather than deliberately treating someone badly. But poor knowledge or understanding is not an excuse and it is not something an employment tribunal will accept.
- The webinar takes place on Zoom for 1 hour.
- A presentation will be given, followed by a Q&A session.
How much does it cost?
- The webinar is free of charge for members of Co-operatives UK and non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What you will learn
This webinar will give you:
- A basic understanding of discrimination law in the UK.
- An understanding of the 'protected characteristics', as defined in the Equality Act
- What obligations your co-op has to make reasonable adjustments.
- An understanding that getting it wrong can be damaging for individuals and your organisation.
- The knowledge to be able to spot common 'red flags' – know how to act in straightforward situations and when to seek further advice.
- An understanding of the help that Co-ops UK can give to HR Package members.
Who should attend
- Anyone who might need to ensure that all employees, and prospective employees are treated fairly and inclusively.
- You don't need to be an HR professional to attend; if you're in a position to ensure your organisation does not discriminate, this session is for you!
About the hosts
Gary Morrison is a Senior Lawyer for Co-operatives UK. He is a practising solicitor with an extensive knowledge of employment law and he has been advising co-operative employers for over ten years.
Kate Fielding is Co-operatives UK HR Reward and Policy Manager. With Over 10 years’ experience in co-operative HR, Kate is a chartered member of the CIPD. Specialising in all things policy, Kate is well placed to provide expert advice, guidance and support on all aspects of the employment journey.