Join Kate Fielding and Gary Morrison from Co-operatives UK for this free online webinar on Wednesday 4 November from 11am-12pm.
About the webinar
Investigations are an important part of UK employment law. They help to understand what has happened when things go wrong and to decide what we should do to prevent the same from happening again.
A good or bad investigation can be the deciding factor in treating your colleagues fairly. If you're a line-manager or a member of a worker co-op, it's likely you will need to get involved with an investigation at some point. This FREE session will help you understand how and where to start.
- The webinar takes place on Zoom for 1 hour.
- A presentation will be given, followed by a Q&A session.
How much does it cost?
- The webinar is FREE for members of Co-operatives UK and non-members.
- Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What you will learn
By the end of this session you will:
- Have a basic understanding of what an investigation is and why they are important.
- Understand the importance of conducting a good investigation.
- Know how to conduct an investigation into a simple issue.
- Have knowledge of common mistakes that organisations make and how those mistakes could be avoided.
- Know the process to follow, things to think about and understand the risks of getting it wrong.
- Know what help is available, including from Co-operatives UK such as being an HR Package member.
Who should attend
- Anyone who might need to conduct investigations at work. This might be because an employee has raised a grievance or because someone is being suspected of misconduct or poor performance.
- You don't need to be an HR professional to attend; if you're ever been involved in disciplinary or grievance situations then this session is for you!
About the hosts
Gary Morrison is a Senior Lawyer for Co-operatives UK. He is a practising solicitor with an extensive knowledge of employment law and he has been advising co-operative employers for over ten years.
Kate Fielding is Co-operatives UK HR Reward and Policy Manager. With Over 10 years’ experience in co-operative HR, Kate is a chartered member of the CIPD. Specialising in all things policy, Kate is well placed to provide expert advice, guidance and support on all aspects of the employment journey.